After How To Make It In America was announced for a second season, I was indeed a happy man. There were rumors earlier this year it was being cut – this would have been a complete f*ck-up. Hands down one of the best TV shows to have come out over the past few years (this is especially true now Entourage is over. Sad times).
A big factor to the show’s success has been it’s soundtrack, which has already been proven quite (ask Aloe Blacc - he got his $). While we wait for the season 2′s premiere on October 2nd (HBO), music supervisor Scott Vener has teamed up with Mick Boogie for the official mixtape for the new series. View the Tracklist below then download the mixtape by clicking this link.
1. Kid Cudi – The New York Intro
2. Future Islands – Balance
3. Theophilus London – I Stand Alone
4. Mugison – I Want You
5. Blood Orange – Sutphin Boulevard
6. M83 – Midnight City
7. Soul Searcher – Can’t Get Enough (DJ Theory Remix)
8. Agoria – Heart Beating (feat. Kid A)
9. Avicii – Levels (Original Mix)
10. Oliver Koletzki & Fran – Hypnotized
11. The Joy Formidable – Austere
12. Little Dragon – Crystalfilm
13. Meek Mill – House Party (feat. Young Chris)
14. Buddy – Awesome, Awesome
15. Summer Camp – I Want You
16. Duck Tails – Killin’ The Vibe
17. Catcall – Swimming Pool
*Entourage and O.C were two other shows with dope soundtracks.